Proper skincare hygiene is essential! Did you know that your skin is your body’s biggest organ? Your skin is responsible for maintaining your body’s temperature, insulation, and vitamin D absorption. Taking care of your skin can improve your overall health. Here are 8 tips on maintaining your skincare hygiene.
8 Tips on Skincare Hygiene
- Only touch your face with clean hands. You do not want to spread bacteria onto your skin, or cause acne.
- Stop picking your face! Acne doesn’t cause scarring, picking does.
- Always wash your face twice a day. Make sure to allow your products to fully absorb before applying the next, and before going to bed. You want the products to nourish your skin, not your pillow.
- Talking about your pillow, make sure to change your pillowcase often. If you want to take it to the next level, use a silk or satin pillowcase to minimize friction.
- Consistency is key. If you want to reach any goal in life, in this case your skin goals, be consistent with your skincare regimen.
- Keep it simple and only use the products your skin needs. Find out your skin type and go from there. Our skin is different, not only every day, but it changes throughout the day too. Treat as needed and embrace spot treatmenting the different areas of your face!
- Now when it comes to makeup, wear the least amount of make-up you can to avoid breakouts. And when you do wear makeup, double cleanse.
- And make sure to not share cosmetic products and to clean your make-up brushes/sponges regularly.