With over 3 IBV and $2 cashback this great breakfast dish also makes an amazing dessert, that means double time for funding your Shopping Annuity. It’s super easy to make and you can find most ingredients on SHOP.COM. You can serve this dish with ingredients such as blueberries and cream cheese, cinnamon apples, or even dried fruit, or keep it classic by serving warm with maple syrup on top.
- 1 loaf French bread (13 to 16 ounces)
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar – Walmart 0.02 IBV
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract – UnbeatableSale $0.52 Cashback & 0.65 IBV
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon – Walmart 0.03 IBV
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg – Garner Supply $0.13 Cashback & 0.26 IBV
- Dash salt – UnbeatableSale $0.59 Cashback & 0.74 IBV
- Maple syrup – igourmet $0.90 Cashback & 0.90 IBV
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar – Walmart 0.02 IBV
- 1 cup chopped pecans – igourmet $0.48 Cashback & 0.48 IBV
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup – Walmart 0.02 IBV
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon – Walmart 0.03 IBV
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg – Garner Supply $0.13 Cashback & 0.26 IBV
Generously butter 9 by 13 inch baking dish. Slice the French bread into about 20 slices, and arrange the slices in 2 rows,
In a large bowl, combine the eggs with half-and-half, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Beat the mixture with a whisk until blended.
Pour mixture over the french bread slices, until they are covered evenly. Cover baking dish with foil and refrigerate overnight.
The next day:
Preheat oven to 350 F. Combine praline topping in bowl and distribute evenly over the bread and bake for 40 minutes, until the toast casserole is puffed and lightly golden. Serve with maple syrup.