We focus a lot on skincare and makeup however, our biggest belief is when you feel good on the inside, you’ll definitely feel amazing on the outside too. There’s no time like the present to start balancing your beauty so let’s start from the inside. Do you ever get headaches on a super hot day? Something as simple as keeping your body hydrated can do so much for your body. The new year is a great starting point to creating new habits for your health and beauty.
Balancing your diet
Having a balanced diet is the first step to balancing your beauty. It’s okay to eat your favourite food however, having a healthy diet is all about moderation. Eating pizza and burgers, five times a week and then having a tuna salad twice a week is definitely an unbalanced diet. Here are some ways to eat a balanced diet:
- create exciting and healthy alternatives to your favourite foods e.g. home-made pizza base with a good mixture of vegetables and protein
- hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Aim to drink at least 2-3L of water a day
- incorporate healthy fats, greens, protein and fibre
- enjoy your food – there’s no point forcing yourself to eat food if you don’t enjoy it. These diets never last, instead, turn it into an everyday habit
Although food is the best place to receive nutrients and essential vitamins, most of the time, you’ll never get enough in a daily serving. Supplements are a great way to add a boost of necessary nutrients to your body and strengthen your health. Our favourite is definitely the Isotonix range, especially the Isotonix OPC-3 which we’ve written a blog about before. Having a vitamin/supplement that absorbs quickly and effectively is a great way to help balance your body and beauty.
Yoga and Meditation
This may sound like an odd one however, balancing your beauty is all about detoxing yourself from the negative aspects in the world. Practising yoga and meditation has been known to provide a good balance between your mental health and physical health. Being able to take some time out of your day or week can help de-stress and de-clutter your mind so that there is no weight on your shoulders. Often, when stressed, you’ll feel tired and groggy so adding in yoga or meditation can help detox your mind.
Good Quality Sleep
Having good sleep is so incredibly important for your health and beauty. Have you ever woken up after a horrible night of sleep and your skin looks dull and tired? This can be a result of poor quality sleep. We often underestimate the power of a good night’s sleep and are too focused on work. When we have a bad sleep, our bodies can produce a hormone called Cortisol which can ultimately cause skin issues like acne, skin sensitivity and inflammation. To achieve good quality sleep, you can do the following:
- put away your phone 30-60 minutes before bedtime to shut down the brain
- don’t drink caffeine in the evening so your body has time to settle itself down
- wake up and sleep at consistent times to improve your body clock
- make your bedroom environment a peaceful and relaxing one
- take a nice warm bath or shower