If your TLS shake routine could use a little mixup heading into the new year, not to fear. New, delicious TLS Shake recipes are here! If you’ve been finding your fit with TLS in 2017, you know how important supporting lean muscle mass is for a healthy metabolism and weight management. While we love a good TLS Shake, that shake powder is great for so much more! From batters to breakfast-fare, and even desserts, these recipes will are just what you need for a healthy start to 2018:
Strawberry Protein Pancakes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Serves: Makes 1 serving
- ½ ripe banana
- 4 large strawberries
- 1 scoop TLS Protein Powder – Vanilla
- 1 egg
- Combine ingredients in a bowl, mashing banana and strawberry
- Grease skillet with coconut oil or cooking spray
- Pour batter into greased skillet
- Cook on medium-high, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Add your favorite toppings (sliced strawberries, coconut, walnuts, almonds)
TLS Superfood Bars
Prep Time: 1 hour + 20 minutes
Serves: Makes 20 servings
- 2 cups TLS Protein Powder – Vanilla or Chocolate
- ½ cup ground flax meal
- ½ cup cacao or cocoa powder (if using vanilla-flavored shake)
- ¼ cup granulated Stevia
- 2 cups unsweetened almond butter
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 10 pitted Medjool dates
- 1 cup cacao nibs, plus more for garnish
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Lightly grease a 14″ rectangular pan, set aside.
- In a food processor fitted with the S blade, pulse protein powder, flax meal, cocoa powder (if using), and Stevia to combine
- Add nut butter, coconut oil, and dates, and process until there are no clumps of date left. You may need to scrape sides + bottom of bowl to make ensure everything is incorporated.
- Add cacao nibs, and pulse 2-3 times to incorporate.
- Turn dough into the prepared pan, using your hand or spatula to press into a single, tightly packed layer.
- Sprinkle additional cacao nibs + shredded coconut on top
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before cutting into bars.
Caramelized Banana Bread Donuts
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Serves: Makes 5 servings
- 1 large banana
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 scoop TLS Shake, Vanilla
- 1/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/3 cup liquid egg whites
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray 5 holes of a donut tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine ½ banana, oats, coconut flour, almond milk, egg whites, baking powder, and cinnamon in a food processor.
- Process until pureed
- Fill donut holes with batter
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat coconut oil stove-top in a small, non-stick skillet.
- Slice remaining half of banana into slices, add to skillet.
- Cook 3-4 minutes on medium heat, until caramelized.
- Flip, and cook for remaining 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and cut slices in half.
- Add caramelized banana slices.
Chocolate Mint Protein Brownies
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Serves: Makes 12 – 16 servings
- 1 cup TLS Protein Powder
- 1/2 cup cacao powder (if using vanilla-flavored TLS Shake)
- 1/4 cup arrowroot
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup agave
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 large avocado
- 1 1/2 bananas
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 6 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2-1 tsp peppermint
- handful of spinach
- 1 tbsp water
- Place all ingredients in a bowl, mix together.
- End with adding hot water. The batter will be thick + runny.
- Spread protein bar batter into a lightly greased 11×7 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- As brownies bake, gather your frosting ingredients.
- Place fudge frosting ingredients into a blender, blend until smooth and creamy.
- Once brownies have cooled spread mint fudge frosting on top.
- Place mint fudge brownies in the fridge to let the frosting set before slicing.
Brownie Batter Overnight Oatmeal
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Serves: Makes 2 servings
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp baking stevia
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup TLS Protein Powder – Vanilla or Chocolate
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients together.
- Divide between 2 small bowls, mugs, or mason jars.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight (or for at least an hour so the oats soften + absorb liquid).
- Top with chopped nuts or coconut
- Enjoy cold, or microwave for 30-60 seconds to enjoy warm
Have you tried any of these amazing recipes? Let us know how they turned out in the comments below!