If you haven’t heard of exfoliating your lips before – you are not alone. When it comes to your lips, we often give more importance to hydrating them. But here’s the thing – you do need to exfoliate your lips regularly to maintain a healthy, smooth pout.
Blame it on that frigid weather, but when your lips get dry and chapped, they tend to flake and peel – a lip scrub helps to slough off dead, chapped skin and helps your lip balm penetrate deeper into the skin. The result? Supple, rosier and healthier lips. You don’t have to spend a fortune on purchasing expensive scrubs from the market when you can simply make a lip scrub at home with a few ingredients that you’ll easily find in your kitchen cabinet. Read on to find some amazing DIY homemade lip scrub recipes.
Coconut & Honey Lip Scrub
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon organic honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon lukewarm water
- Start by mixing the coconut oil and honey.
- Add the brown sugar and the lukewarm water to this mixture.
- Rub the mixture on your lips in a circular motion for two to three minutes and then rinse with lukewarm water.
Orange Peel Lip Scrub
- 2 tablespoons dried orange peel powder
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 10 to 12 drops of almond oil
- Grind your dried orange peel to make a fine powder.
- Add brown sugar and almond oil to the powder and mix the ingredients in a bowl.
- Gently scrub this mixture on your lips for about 30 seconds.
- Clean your lips with a wet wipe or wash with warm water.
- Repeat this twice a week.
Why This Works
The orange peel present in this DIY lip scrub recipe is excellent for treating dark and discolored lips. Almond oil helps nourish and moisturize dry, chapped lips while sugar is a natural exfoliator for healthy lips.