Chances are, you are staying home or close to home as much as possible during these days of social distancing. However, that doesn’t mean you have to deprive yourself of fresh air! Get outdoors and enjoy this opportunity.
Who says you can’t practice social distancing outside? While we are staying away from others to remain healthy, getting outside and getting fresh air is good for your health too. Don’t let cabin fever get the best of you. Check out these ways to get outdoors and get fresh air back in your life.
5 Ways to Enjoy the Outdoors
- Exercise Outside: Yes, we have to keep six feet in between us and others, but we can still exercise outdoors as we normally would. Walk the neighborhood with your dog, take your kids on a hike or go for a nice run or bike ride to switch up your indoor exercise routine.
- Visit a Park: To keep everyone’s interest in getting outside, change the scenery and visit a local park. There are so many things to do at a park too! (Ones that are open of course) Bring supplies for a picnic in the grass or set up a fun scavenger hunt for your children or significant other.
- Plant a Garden: Starting a garden is beneficial for lots of reasons. It’s great for family bonding, it burns calories and it can help ease stress. Go here to see 10 steps to starting a garden at home. We also recommend to “feed” your plants as they need nutrients too!
- Have a Staycation: If you have a yard, utilize it and have a camping trip at home! Bust out your tent, blankets, eat s’mores, share stories and relive old memories with your family. The kids will love this!
- Stargaze: Sit outside at night with your family and spend time looking up at the stars. You can use this opportunity as a mini Astrology lesson by pointing out different constellations or take turns describing what shapes you see in the stars.
What are you and your family doing to get outdoors?