Do you hear that? It’s the sound of the great outdoors calling your name!
On SHOP.COM you can discover multiple partner stores that specialize in gear for your outdoor adventures such as Gander Outdoors, Academy Sports & Outdoors, Campmor, The North Face and many more! Not to mention, you’ll rack in that Cashback! Whether you’re a seasoned camper or a brand new adventurer, SHOP.COM is your final destination for camping gear, tents, hiking equipment, clothing, and more. Read on for our suggestions on great camping gear, plus tips and hacks for your next camping trip.
- Meal Prep: Prep all snacks and meal ingredients before you leave to keep things simple and create less mess. If you know you’ll need to cut up ingredients for a meal, try chopping them beforehand. Pre-portion snacks such as fruit, energy bars, and chips so you and your kids can just grab and go.
- Set up a tarp: Don’t stop at setting up a tent, we suggest using a tarp (or two) to cover common areas in your campsite. Why? In case of rain, you don’t want your family trapped in one tent for hours! Make sure your tarp also covers your main cooking area so if it does rain, you are still able to have a fire, make food, and sit around the fire without getting soaked. Even if it doesn’t rain, you’ll enjoy the extra shade.
- Stock up on glow sticks: Glow sticks come in many forms- necklace, bracelet, headband, stick, etc. If you’re camping with children, having glow sticks are a great way to keep everyone visible as the sun goes down. When it’s time to turn in for the night, hang a glow stick or two in your tent for just enough light to see if anyone needs to get up in the middle of the night.
- Hang solar string lights: A solar powered string of lights is a great way to light up your campsite or tent in the evening. Hang the string of lights by nearby trees or even use your tarp! Using solar lights eliminate the need for a ton of batteries or lanterns. If you are limited on trees to hang string lights, choose solar lights with ground stakes to make a path to your tent and other areas of your campsite.
- Freeze gallons of water: Instead of buying a bag of ice to put in your cooler, freeze a gallon or two of water and place it in your cooler. Not only will it last longer than a normal bag of ice, once it melts you will have a gallon of clean water to drink.
Must Have Camping Gear from SHOP.COM:
What are you waiting for? Adventure awaits! Let us know in the comments which of these products you need to add to your SHOP.COM cart for your next camping trip.