Becoming an UnFranchise Owner can be both overwhelming and exciting! There are many things that need to be done within the first 30 days of beginning your UnFranchise journey to put you on the right track in order to develop a successful UnFranchise® business. Continue reading for a checklist of things you should do within your first 30 days to set yourself up for success as an UnFranchise Owner.
- Define Your WHY: First things first, before you start any of the steps below you have to know your WHY. What is your driving force? Your WHY is the primary reason why you are building an UnFranchise Business. Create “My Why” (Two-Minute Commercial). A “Two-Minute Commercial” is a testimonial explaining the real reason why you are building the business, accompanied by an appealing description of the business. All Independent UnFranchise Owners should have a sense of purpose. It’s that motivation that is going to sustain and maintain you through the highs and lows of the business.
- Take the Shopping Annuity Assessment: Before you can talk the talk, you have to walk the walk. Convert Spending Into Earning by visiting UnFranchise.com to complete the online Shopping Annuity® Assessment and become a Shopping Annuity Master Member. Identify products in your home that can be replaced with Market America and Shopping Annuity Brand products.
- Download ShopBuddy®: As an UnFranchise Owner and smart shopper, ShopBuddy will become your best friend! By downloading and using this valuable tool, you will be able to share the deals and savings and how it works with your PCs. Don’t stop there, encourage all of your Preferred Customers to download ShopBuddy so they can save during their online shopping experience as well.
- Develop Your Answer To “What Is It?”: Developing an answer to “What is it?” is necessary to discuss Market America I SHOP.COM efficiently and effectively with your new possibilities and prepare you to talk naturally, sincerely and confidently about the company. Example: “Market America is a global Product Brokerage and Internet Marketing company that specializes in One-to-One Marketing.” Example: “The Shopping Annuity® is a revolutionary program which enables people to convert their spending into earning. Have you ever heard of it?”
- Create a Names List: Think about the people in your life- friends, family, church members, etc. Create a Possibilities List of people who may have an interest in the products, the business and/or online shopping or may be able to lead you to the right people. Can you identify products that fit the lifestyle or needs of people on that list? Make a note to share the specific product with that person when you reach out to them.
- Rely on Your Upline for Guidance: Your upline is there to help you succeed. They have walked the same path and can offer support, guidance, and training to help you along the way- including making calls. Schedule a call workshop with a senior business partner to make calls to share the business and/or products. Let them lead the way, take notes, and learn what works from them.
- Learn from the Masters: Whether you find them in the back office or download the app, listening to audios is a crucial part of business building especially in the beginning. Listen to a minimum of two audios each week from the UF Media App or in your back office. These audios are full of vital information from the masters such as JR Ridinger, Kevin Buckman, Dennis Franks, etc.
- Attend Events: Find upcoming events on the Market America Events Website. Purchase a ticket(s) to the next scheduled Global Meeting, Training and Seminar System (GMTSS) event (Local Seminar, District Conference, Regional Convention, World Conference or International Convention). Attending major events (World Conference and International Convention) are the quickest way to find your belief, gain key knowledge, and learn about advancements and new products.
- Learn and practice the Basic 5 fundamentals of the business: 1 – Attitude and Knowledge 2 – Goals and a Goal Statement 3 – Retailing 4 – Prospecting, Recruiting and Sponsoring 5 – Follow-Up and ABC Pattern. Learn more about the Basic 5 with Dennis Franks and Jim Winkler HERE.
Completing each of these steps and working closely with your team throughout the first 30 days should help you establish a strong foundation for your UnFranchise Business.