After a long, hot summer, Fall has finally arrived. As the cooler weather rolls in, why not let the crisp air and vivid scenery inspire a creative change in your fitness routine? Try out some of our fall-inspired favorites to stay fit and on track this season!
Trail Run Intervals
If you live near a trail, this is the perfect way to get moving and enjoy the scenery! Find your favorite route, then follow the instructions below:
- Warm-up: 5-minute jog
- Intervals: 30-second sprint
- Repeat 8 times
- Cool-down: 10-minute jog
Interval training is a great way to fit in a quick but effective workout that increases endurance, cranks up your metabolism, and lets you enjoy the fresh October air!
Stump Jump Burpees
These are perfect for breaking a sweat while incorporating strength training, muscle endurance, and cardio! Follow the instructions below:
- Start in plank position
- Hop or step both feet forward until you can rise to a squat
- Hop up to a standing position
- Jump up onto a log with both feet (you can also use a bench or other knee-level object) then back down.
- Drop back into plank position.
- Repeat for 3 sets of 10
This is great because you can increase or decrease the intensity depending on your fitness level. To increase, try increasing the sets or repetitions of each move! To decrease the intensity, try stepping into each position instead of hopping and reduce the number of sets.
Pumpkin Squat Press
No kettlebell? No problem! ‘Tis the season for pumpkins galore, and they just happen to be a perfect replacement! Grab one of your fall decorations and grab a mat for this fun fall variation:
- Hold the pumpkin at chest level and stand with your feet shoulder-width apart
- Perform a squat by bending at the knees, making sure that your chest is up, back is straight, weight is on your heels, and your legs are bent to at least 90 degrees.
- Stand up, pushing your hips forward, and press the pumpkin upwards above your head.
You can increase the intensity of this workout by dropping the pumpkin while you’re low in your squat, and hopping back into a plank position before completing the move!
Fall means pumpkins and sweaters, but it also means football fun! Take a note from the players on the field and let’s get moving!
- Hold your hands at chest level like you’re ready to catch a football
- Bend your knees slightly, or roughly 45 degrees.
- As fast as you can, run in place making sure that each foot leaves the ground.
Repeat this exercise 5 times in 30-second intervals!
These workouts are perfect for the upcoming weather, and the change of pace can help keep boredom far away from your workout routine! Plus, it’s a great way to introduce friends, family, or TLS clients to a creative change!
What are your creative, fall-inspired workouts? Tell us in the comments!