The countdown to Halloween is on! Halloween is a spooky and fun night for the entire family. Dressing up in your favorite costumes while earning delicious candy is a great time for everyone. Because we want your Halloween to go as smoothly and efficiently as possible, here are our five tips for a safe night.
Five Tips For A Safe Halloween Night
- Trick or Treat With an Adult: Children under the age of 12 should not be alone at night without adult supervision. If kids are mature enough to be out without supervision, they should stick to familiar areas that are well lit and trick-or-treat in groups.
- Have kids carry glow sticks or flashlights to help them see and be seen by drivers. Adults should also carry flashlights as well. Decorate costumes and bags with reflective tape or stickers so they stand out in the dark. SHOP.COM has plenty of flashlights to choose from in the “tools” section.
- Cross the street at corners, using traffic signals and crosswalks. Make sure to tell your kids to look both ways before crossing the street. There’s no rush. The candy isn’t going anywhere so emphasize to slow down while crossing.
- Keep Costumes Both Creative and Safe: Choose face paint and makeup whenever possible instead of masks, which can obstruct a child’s vision. Make sure to shop for your costumes on SHOP.COM’s Halloween Landing Page in order to earn IBV and Cashback!
- If you have to drive on Halloween night, please be extremely cautious. Slow down and be especially alert in residential neighborhoods. Children are excited on Halloween and may move in unpredictable ways so drive safely.
Enjoy Halloween night and stay safe! Happy Halloween!