Hashtags can easily help you grow your business and connect you with others with similar interests. Read on to hear about the history of the hashtags, and how you can leverage them to help you grow your business.
Hashtags have been used in technology for many years. We started to use them in the 90’s to help categorize items into groups but had little impact on regular users of the internet. Then in August of 2007, Chris Messina introduced the idea of using hashtags to twitter, and since then we never looked back. Hashtags have continued to grow into a large platform within social media to help us short though millions of posts to find those relevant to what we are searching for.
Why Hashtags Are Important For Your Business
Businesses have been responsible for some of the most used hashtags in social media. Companies create specific hashtags for a product or service in hopes that it will trend well and catch readers attention. Using trending hashtags are not only a way for you to join the conversation, but it also helps others interested in the same topic find you. As a business, you can leverage hashtags to create buzz about a new campaign or an upcoming event. Keep in mind sometimes less is more when it comes to hashtagging. You are best off using a few specific and already trending hashtags then constantly creating new ones.
How To Correctly Hashtag Market America Brands
DNA Miracles// #dnamiracles
Isotonix //#isotonix #deliverymatters #isotonixesssentials
Motives // #MotivesCosmetics
SHOP.COM // #shoponSHOP #smartshopper
Lumière De Vie // #Lumieredevie #myLDVroutine
Shopping Annuity // #shoppingannuity #marketamerica #unfranchise
TLS // #TLSweightloss #TLS21days #trimtea #findyourfit
Leverage the Power of the Hashtag With These 5 tips:
- Be sure to always include 2-3 top trending hashtags (like the Market American hashtags above) so readers who are interested in your content can find you.
- Do not include more then 10 hashtags per post, it can start to look spammy.
- Make sure your hashtags are relevant to that specific post.
- Research trending hashtags for your specific field (health, beauty) this will help you join the conversation and find others interested in similar topics.
- Spend some time interacting on others posts with hashtags in your field to help grow the conversation.
Source: Lifewire, The History Of Hashtags