By far, the most memorable presentation belonged to JR Ridinger. JR always knows how to dazzle the crowd, but this time felt extra special. If you haven’t figured it out, I’m referencing JR’s presentation about imprinting.
Imprinting is the natural phenomenon found in fowl that serves as evolution’s way to ensure the right habits and behaviors are learned by the next generation. Imprinting is a result of genetics and is required for the bird to succeed and even determines how well they do in life. It is difficult to change one’s habits once they have been imprinted.
In fact, imprinting directly correlates with the UnFranchise® Business because the same principles apply for both. Imprinting process is identical to what happens to someone when they come into the business (right or wrong) and affects what they do and duplicate. When you bring someone into the business, they are a essentially a newborn. Newborns have to learn basic skills in order to survive. The same can be said for new UFOs. Their sponsors need to imprint the right techniques in order to thrive as a entrepreneur in this business.
Chickens, ducks, and geese all practice imprinting, but JR wants UnFranchise Owners to be geese that fly in a “V” formation. Here is the correlation between imprinting and the UnFranchise Business.
It’s all about starting a new goose procession that leads them at the end of the season to fly and migrate majestically in a “V” or binary formation (requiring 70% less effort) 1000 to 2000 miles. This is done by incorporating the following techniques or behaviors:
- List of 100 acquaintances and calling 2 per week using evaluation approach. 2 calls/wk. x 52wks. = 108 = 8 “go now’s”
- Using the evaluation approach or trial size approach to see if they know the right people. (we do not want to ‘sign up’ or ‘get in’ anyone who cannot lead to anyone right for the business or customers
- 2 to 3 yr., plan qualification in order to see the plan
- No decision close. They must see it 3 times to qualify to try out.
- Trial run (and lead to others evaluating it to see if they know the right people)
- Follow ups at every meeting within a week in their location.
- Must be done as a team with senior partner and each new possibility on the team.
- Do not let the process from person to person and house to house break or stop for 90 days,
- Do not ‘sign them up’ until they have led to people to evaluate it or customers
- We do the sign up all at once, usually for 3 to 15 people, and it takes 1.5 hours one time rather than 10 = 15 hours! LOL and one or more earns a check.
This starts a goose procession “honking.” When you prime the pumps correctly and duplicate with that same v-formation, and they all work together synergistically to help the entire organization grow faster and more efficient than it ever could otherwise. Each goose has clear vision of the skies ahead, while also receiving an aerodynamic boost, and are ready to take flight in the V formation resulting in residual income. Nature found the perfect design for this, and we’ve essentially built the same type of ecosystem with the UnFranchise.
Let’s all be geese, together, and watch our businesses soar to new heights!
To download the entire imprinting presentation, click here.
Below is the shortened version of the imprinting presentation for MAWC2019.