Are you a chicken, duck, or goose?
One of the most memorable presentations from MAWC2019 belonged to JR Ridinger and his speech about imprinting. Imprinting is the natural phenomenon found in fowl that serves as evolution’s way to ensure the right habits and behaviors are learned by the next generation. Chicken, ducks, and geese use imprinting when raising their offspring in order to pass on what they’ve learned.
Imprinting directly correlates with the UnFranchise® Business.
It is the greatest secret and discovery in the business that explains how everything happens. When fowl hatch from their eggs, they need to be taught what to do by following their parent and listening to their instructions. The same can be said for UnFranchise Owners. New clients and team members need to be properly taught the basics from their sponsors in order to grow as entrepreneurs.
Not all fowl are imprinted the same. Chickens peck around the coop in confusion and go nowhere because they are never taught how to fly. Ducks are further along than chickens because they can fly and attempt to form a united “V” formation when flying and walking, but they’re not perfect. Geese are the most elegant of the three because of their maturation process and can migrate for 1,000 miles in the “V” formation.
These characteristics in chicken, ducks, and geese can be used to explain the different types of UFOs. Chickens are like UFOs who start out great, but it quickly turns into chaos. Ducks are solid UFOs that are better than chicken, but they’re still a few steps away from becoming truly dedicated to the business. Geese are the UFOs who understand the business and find the perfect Go Nows and watch them turn into successful entrepreneurs. These are the UnFranchise Owners that we are looking for to build the business.
To properly imprint your UnFranchise Owners so that they become geese in a “V” formation, here’s what needs to happen:
- List of 100 acquaintances and calling 2 per week using evaluation approach. 2 calls/wk. x 52wks. = 108 = 8 “go now’s”
- Using the evaluation approach or trial size approach to see if they know the right people. (we do not want to ‘sign up’ or ‘get in’ anyone who cannot lead to anyone right for the business or customers
- 2 to 3 yr., plan qualification in order to see the plan
- No decision close. They must see it 3 times to qualify to try out.
- Trial run (and lead to others evaluating it to see if they know the right people)
- Follow-ups at every meeting within a week in their location.
- Must be done as a team with senior partner and each new possibility on the team.
- Do not let the process from person to person and house to housebreak or stop for 90 days,
- Do not ‘sign them up’ until they have led to people to evaluate it or customers
- We do the sign up all at once, usually for 3 to 15 people, and it takes 1.5 hours one time rather than 10 = 15 hours! One or more earns a check.
Each goose has a clear vision of the skies ahead, while also receiving an aerodynamic boost, and are ready to take flight in the V formation resulting in residual income. Nature found the perfect design for this, and we’ve essentially built the same type of ecosystem with the UnFranchise.
Let’s all be geese, together, and watch our businesses soar to new heights!