As we continue to enhance, strengthen and protect your UnFranchise® Business, allow us to introduce the new Inventory Management tool. This new tool will make it simple for you to manage the status of your product inventory and simplify your tax preparation. We strive to make your UnFranchise Business as streamlined and simple as possible and this new tool will be a gamechanger for your business toolbox. Continue reading to learn how this new tool works and what it means for your business.
Entering Current/Existing Product Inventory
Beginning on Dec. 2, 2019, you will be able to use the Inventory Management tool to enter all sellable products you currently have on hand. You must enter all your inventory on or before Dec. 31, 2019. After Dec. 31, 2019 the ability to enter “existing” inventory will not be available.
What does this mean to the UnFranchise Owner (UFO)? The UFO must have their existing products entered in their Inventory Management tool in order to create a manual “Sales Receipt.” All orders placed by the UFO, including their AutoShip order, will automatically be added to their product inventory with the exception of orders drop-shipped to registered Preferred Customers (PCs) and/or orders placed by PCs on a UFO’s website(s) (SHOP.COM, motivescosmetics.com, tlsSlim.com, isotonix.com, etc.).
To enter your existing product inventory:
- Go to UnFranchise.com > Ordering > Inventory Management
- Select “Existing Inventory”
- Enter product codes and select the products in your current inventory
- Set product quantities and save
Additional important information:
- Any products purchased after the Inventory Management tool goes live will be automatically added to your inventory once that order invoices. Therefore, it is not necessary to manually add those products to your Inventory Management.
- Product cases can be entered into Inventory Management. The system will convert the cases to individual items.
- Product kits can be entered into Inventory Management and will stay as kits. You will have the option to expand the product kits into the individual items that made up the kit.
- If you have products from multiple market countries, simply enter them from the respective market country’s UnFranchise.com.
- Special product codes such as those for Motives® Custom Blend products will be available for Sales Receipt Entry.
- Purchases made at Market America websites (SHOP.COM, motivescosmetics.com, tlsSlim.com, isotonix.com, etc.) will still automatically create Sales Receipts and will not affect (be added or subtracted from) Inventory Management.
- Orders drop-shipped directly to PCs will still automatically create Sales Receipts and will not affect Inventory Management.
During the “Existing Inventory” entry period (Sept. 4 – Dec. 31,2019) and thereafter, all orders placed by the UFO including AutoShip willautomatically be added to their product inventory. Beginning Quarter 4, 2019(Oct. 1 – Dec. 31, 2019), all product in your inventory must be assigned astatus by the end of the Quarter 1, 2020 (March 31, 2020). The following“Status” assignments may be used:
- Personal Use
- Keep in Inventory
For products that were sold, they must have a Sales ReceiptEntry created to remove a product from your inventory as sold.
Going forward, all products in a UFO’s inventory will have tohave a status assigned to it by the end of the next quarter. Failure to updateand assign a status to products entered into inventory in the previous quarterwill block the UFO from ordering products from UnFranchise.com until completed.