When you think of Valentine’s Day desserts, you ‘re probably thinking of rich brownies, heart-shaped chocolate cake, and scrumptious cheesecakes topped with strawberries and whipped cream. And you’re correct!
Trying to stay on the health-ish side and have a sweet tooth. Well we have the perfect solution for you. You and your partner can choose from 2 recipes to enjoy together.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Serves: Makes 2 servings
1/2 avocado, diced
- 30g TLS® Shake – Chocolate
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 30g sweet cherries, to serve
- 10g 100% dark chocolate, finely grated, to serve
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- In a blender, combine all ingredients besides chocolate and cherries.
- Blend until the mixture is smooth, then pour into a serving bowl and chill for 15-30 minutes to set
- Grate over the dark chocolate and top with cherries, to serve.
Serves: Makes 12 servings
Prep Time: 30 minutes
- 1(15-oz.) can of garbanzo beans, drained, rinsed
- ⅓ cup + ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp unsweetened applesauce (can be adjusted to taste)
- 1tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup all -natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ⅔ cup TLS® Shake – Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line 12 muffin cups with muffin papers or coating with nonstick cooking spray
- Place: chickpeas, eggs, ⅓ cup maple syrup, cocoa powder, baking soda, applesauce, and extract in blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- Divide batter among 12 prepared muffin cups.
- Top each cupcake with about four chocolate chips; push into batter.
- Bake for 17 to 20 minutes, or until the toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely and enjoy!
- While cupcakes are baking, whip peanut butter in a medium bowl.
- Beat on medium speed for 1 to 2 minutes, or until creamy.
- Add almond milk + beat until well blended.
- Add TLS Shake powder + beat until well blended, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Slowly add remaining ¼ cup maple syrup while beating on medium speed. (If frosting is too stiff, add 1 to 2 tbsp. additional unsweetened non-dairy milk.)
- Once cupcakes are cool, evenly spread with frosting.
Enjoy sweet tooth memories together long after the cupcakes are gone!