Skincare is more than just the topical products you use every night or in the morning. It’s more than just moisturizers, cleansers and toners. For your skin to look and feel its best, you need to support your skin from the inside out. Dietary supplements that contain vitamins and nutrients essential to healthy skin can be added to your skin care regimen to support the health and appearance of your skin. That’s why Market America | SHOP.COM is here to go more than skin deep and talk about three products that have the vitamins and nutrients that offer health benefits for your skin.
Why the Best Skin Care Products Work Beneath the Skin
The skin is your body’s largest and fastest growing organ, a vital layer of protection from the elements. There are three primary layers to the skin:
- Epidermis. This is the top layer of your skin — the one you see — and it is responsible for making new skin cells, giving the skin its color and protecting your body.
- Dermis. The dermis is the second — and thickest — layer of skin and performs many functions, including producing oil to maintain skin’s moisture, producing sweat and circulating blood to your skin. The capillaries of the circulatory system that nourish your skin with nutrient-rich blood pass through the dermis. The dermis also contains many of the nerve endings that help you feel.
- Subcutis. This is the innermost layer of the skin. It anchors the dermis to your muscles, cushions your body, provides nutrients to the dermis and controls your body’s temperature.
The skin also contains collagen, the most important protein in the human body, which is also found in bones, muscles and tendons. Collagen acts as a sort of scaffolding, providing strength and structure in its various functions throughout the body.
In the skin, collagen is found in the dermis. It gives the skin its strength and structure and helps form a fibrous network within the skin from which new cells can grow. Collagen supports healing and is also a part of the process by which dead skin cells are replaced. As we age, our body’s natural production of collagen diminishes, which may lead to sagging and wrinkles. Certain dietary supplements promote collagen production, helping the skin maintain normal collagen levels to reinforce firmness and support.*
Elastin is a glycoprotein that is found in the skin. Similar to collagen, elastin aids in maintaining the structure of the skin. But unlike collagen, elastin actually possesses elastic qualities, allowing skin to “snap back” after being stretched and maintaining the “tight” appearance of youthful, healthy skin.
So much of your body’s own care for your skin happens beneath or within the skin. This makes supplements that actually support cellular health and production an important addition to your skin care regimen.
The brand name “Isotonix” comes from the word “isotonic.” Part of what makes Isotonix products so beneficial to skin health – and overall health – is the fact that these dietary supplements use an advanced isotonic delivery system to ensure you receive the maximum benefit of nutrients. Isotonic, or same pressure, refers to a solution that bears the same chemical resemblance as the body’s blood, plasma, and tears.*
All fluid in the body shares a common osmotic pressure which is essential to the consistent maintenance of bodily tissues. In order for a substance to be absorbed by the body, it must be converted into an isotonic state, a process that requires a measure of energy on the part of the body. When a substance is already isotonic, it is more readily absorbed.
When mixed with water, Isotonix dietary supplements are isotonic; they are delivered into the body in a solution that is consistent with the body’s osmotic pressure, making the absorption of nutrients highly efficient while delivering maximum results. Below are three isotonic supplements specially formulated for skin health.*
1. Isotonix OPC-3®
As one of the most powerful antioxidant supplements on the market today, Isotonix OPC-3® provides a myriad of health benefits. In addition to complete antioxidant protection, and supporting cardiovascular health, several key ingredients, including Pycnogenol, can be found in OPC-3®, which promote skin health by supporting a healthy complexion.*
As one of the most researched ingredients in the natural product marketplace, Pycnogenol is one of nature’s most powerful antioxidants. Pycnogenol is a natural plant extract derived from the bark of the maritime pine tree, which is found only along the coast of southwest France. Pycnogenol benefits range far and wide, from maintaining joint flexibility to promoting healthy skin. Pycnogenol supports skin health because it is able to selectively bind to collagen and elastin and promotes a healthy complexion.*
2. Isotonix OPC-3 Beauty Blend
Much like OPC-3, the Isotonix OPC-3 Beauty Blend is a powerful antioxidant supplement that combines some of nature’s best free radical scavengers to help promote skin health. This Beauty Blend is specially formulated to help maintain the appearance of healthy, beautiful skin from the inside out, promoting skin health on a cellular level.*
OPC-3 Beauty Blend helps maintain microcirculation of the capillaries in the skin to support its oxygen and nutrient supply. This product plays a role in maintaining the elasticity of capillaries in the dermis, which helps maintain a healthy blood flow that minimizes the appearance of spider veins. By replenishing the skin’s essential vitamins and minerals, OPC-3 Beauty Blend actually promotes cellular health in the skin. This Beauty Blend may also promote healing of minor skin injuries, support the skin’s natural defenses against the environment and promote healthy skin. The anti-inflammatory properties of OPC-3 Beauty Blend also assist in minimizing the appearance of redness and swelling.*
OPC-3 Beauty Blend also helps maintain healthy collagen production and skin elasticity. Furthermore, it supports a smooth, soft and even-toned complexion. This Beauty Blend even helps your skin maintain a normal moisture balance. Skin moisture is an important part of overall skin health and contributes to a vibrant tone and smooth feeling.*
In addition to the antioxidant properties of OPC-3 Beauty Blend, several key ingredients also are beneficial for skin health.*
- Grape Seed Extract. The grape seed extract found in OPC-3 Beauty Blend is taken from the seeds of red grapes, which contain a high concentration of oligomeric proanthocyanidins (OPCs).
- Citrus Extract. Citrus extract contains bioflavonoids, which are antioxidants found in some plants that filter light and absorb ultraviolet radiation.*
- OPC-3 Beauty Blend also contains other ingredients like red wine and bilberry extract to promote healthy blood circulation, which is important to replenishing the skin’s nutrients.*
3. Isotonix Multivitamin
The Isotonix® Multivitamin contains 100% or more of the Recommended Daily Value of essential vitamins and minerals, providing support for a strong immune system and supplementing dietary deficiencies.* Several of the nutrients found in this multivitamin are essential to skin health, including:
- Niacin, or Vitamin B3,
- Riboflavin 5-Phosphate, or Vitamin B2,
- Vitamin D3, which promotes the healthy growth and repair of tissues,*
- Silicon, a component of the skin,
- Zinc, which, because of its role in so many enzymatic processes, has been found to support collagen synthesis and cellular repair*, and
- Iron Phosphate, which promotes normal collagen formation.*
- If you want to see how Isotonix OPC-3® may help support healthy skin, click here for the video that will tell you all about it.
- Check out Pentaxyl®, whose advanced formula helps reduce the severity of wrinkles and improve texture and color.
- Check out a free online tool called “Nutri-Physical® Nutritional Analysis” that can help you choose the appropriate supplementation regimen based on your diet and lifestyle. You can also click here for a video overview.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product(s) is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Montagna, William, and F. John G. Ebling. “Human Skin.” Encyclopaedia Britannica. Encyclopaedia Britannica, Inc., 25 Nov. 2015. Web. 06 Jan. 2017, https://www.britannica.com/science/human-skin.
McIntosh, James. “What is Collagen? What Does Collagen Do?” Medical News Today, 05 Aug. 2015. Web. 06 Jan. 2017, http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/262881.php.
Market America | SHOP.COM is a global product brokerage and internet marketing company that specializes in one-to-one marketing and is the creator of The Shopping Annuity®. The company, which has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB), is also a two-time winner of the BBB’s Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics. According to the Better Business Bureau, “the Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics is the most prestigious award the BBB can present to a business. Being a recipient indicates the business not only believes in high standards promoted by the BBB, but consistently demonstrates and integrates them into daily business practices.”