You made it through Dry January – now what? If you’ve noticed the benefits of backing away from wine, beer, and liquor then you may want to consider joining the growing ranks of those making the switch to mocktails in 2020! Just because they’re not spiked doesn’t mean they’re not delicious, and this TLS-Approved Mocktial Makeover drives the point home.
TLS-Approved Mocktail Makeover Recipes
Cucumber Chiller Mocktail
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cucumber Juice (peeled and seeded before juicing)
- 2 T Lime Juice
- 1/4 tsp Stevia
- Ginger Ale (Stevia-sweetened)
- Add cucumber juice, lime juice, and sugar to a shaker with ice
- Shake hard until mixed
- Strain into glass 1/2 full of ice
- Top off with ginger ale & garnish with lime
Rhubarb Shrub Mocktail
- 1 pound rhubarb, sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 2 cups light agave nectar (or Stevia-sweetened syrup)
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- sparking water
- 1 orange
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine sliced rhubarb and agave.
- Cover and let sit at room temp for 48-72 hours.
- Strain syrup into a separate bowl, discard rhubarb, then add the apple cider vinegar. Add more vinegar to taste if needed.
- Transfer syrup to a lidded container (this can be stored in the refrigerator for later, too!)
- To serve: Fill a tall glass with ice, then mix shrub & sparkling water in a 1:3 proportion (for every portion of shrub, add 3 portions of soda water)
- Slice orange into 8/10 pieces, then squeeze one slice into each drink.
- Top with an orange twist
Ginger Pear Cider
- 2 pears, cored and chopped
- 1-2 inches ginger root, peeled and chopped
- Vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups water
- ½ tsp pure light agave (or Stevia-sweetened syrup)
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- In a blender, combine the chopped pears, ginger, & and water, then blend on high until you have a smooth puree.
- Pour the pear puree through a fine-mesh strainer into a saucepan, using a spoon or spatula to stir and push the mixture until all of the available juice is gone.
- Heat the liquid slowly over medium-low heat.
- Once warm, stir in lemon juice, a splash of vanilla extract, and light agave or syrup
- Garnish with a lemon twist & serve immediately.