Did you know that February is National Wedding Month? There are so many incredible Beauty Advisors who are or aspire to be pro bridal makeup artists and so we interviewed Beauty Advisor and Pro Makeup Artist, Melody Sopa. She shared with us her top 5 must-have products for her makeup kit. Read them below!
1. Setting Sprays
I use these 3 separate times during a wedding makeup application, depending on what their skin type is. Use No More Shine Setting Spray for Oily Prone skin and the 10 Years Younger Setting Spray for Dryer skin. Melody sets the foundation before powder, sets after the makeup is done, and again later as they are out the door just for a little extra! Helps hold makeup like a dream.
As a professional makeup artist, it is crucial for me to customize any look or formula or product for my pro kit. I love that I can whip up whatever I need to customize for my clientele. I love making custom foundation and primer. I love to have one with green toner in it to auto cancel out redness. I have custom glow products for the face and body to give that help them glow from within. I love that can make a custom base and further make it special for the client right in front of their face.
3. The palettes. Allll the palettes.
So velvety, pigmented. When looking for the best products as a professional, it’s important to have the products work for you. Makes it easier to focus on the art! Favorite palettes for bridal: Elements Eye Shadow Palette, I Do Palette, and Thalia X Motives Viva Eye and Cheek Palette.
I use this on the center of the face for each of my clients after using the Motives Mineral Dual Foundation Powder to set their cream foundation. It gives this beautiful blur affect and doesn’t give a white cast on camera.
Motives has so many lovely formulas, so honestly, pick your fave! My go to lately, for Fall and Winter brides, has been Motives 40FY Lip Treatment, Motives Lip Primer, Motives Lip Crayon in Neutral, new Motives Liquid Lipstick in Savage (looks fab on all skin tones) and if they want a gloss, I like Liquid Lip Glaze in shade Gimme More.
Ok one more…
6. The Motives Insta-Smooth is glorious! It spot treats to help fill in larger pores and helps blur the appearance of fine lines, giving a plus affect before you even put makeup on. Perfect for clients being photographed or filmed!
Melody Sopa won the Beauty Advisor of the Year Award in 2020 at Shop.com International and is also a Licensed Esthetician and an Independant Spa Owner.
Tips on how to market products to your clients:
1. Offer to create a full-sized custom blend foundation that they can continue to use even after their event.
2. Offer them a “touch up” kit that includes the lip shades you used and a powder to keep them looking fresh throughout the course of their event.
3. If the bride is choosing not to have their makeup professionally done for their wedding due to the climate of these unprecedented times, offer them a virtual makeup lesson and create a Motives makeup shopping list of recommendations for them to do their own.
What are your go-to Motives Cosmetics products? Shop all of Melody’s pro makeup kit must-haves now at unfranchise.com.