Get ready for Spring Break! We know you’re eager to start your vacation, but first things first – packing. We have you covered with our packing guide so you can stress less and focus on the fun!
If you are anything like me, packing is the least amusing part of going on a trip. The excitement of Spring Break – even just planning a vacation is thrilling! The weeks leading up to it are great because you have something to look forward to. The inevitable creeps up on you – you HAVE to pack! Make this process way more easy by having a go-to packing guide.
The key is to keep it as simple as you can – but also practical.
- If at all possible, go with a carry-on, brightly colored piece of luggage with wheels. These are lightweight, stand out at baggage claim, roll with ease through the airport – plus, you don’t have to worry about losing your bags!
- A small backpack that is easy for on-the-go days. Whether you are off to the beach or strolling around a new city, it is handy to be hands-free! A bag will hold your laptop if needed, flight essentials and, money and any ID’s you need for your trip.
- Want to keep it more casual? A shoulder bag is a great idea for your daily necessities. This can be thrown into your backpack on the plane too!
Most of us have overpacked a time or two and ended up coming home with several outfits that were sadly never worn – but we like to have options!
- Tops – depending on how many days you will gone, bring about six T-shirts and tank tops, a long-sleeved shirt and/or a sweater in case it gets chilly
- Bottoms – several pairs of shorts, a pair of jeans . I would throw in one or two dressy outfits, like a dress or a nice pair of pants for the gentlemen in case you go somewhere fancy.
- Underwear – This one is important – pack enough underwear for 10 days. That isn’t something we want to run out of!
- Bathing suits – I would bring at least 2 or 3 suits so you can have your variety but still fit all you need in one bag! Oh, and a cover up for the ladies!
- Shoes – You really don’t need as many pairs as you think. One pair of tennis shoes, a pair of flip flops or sandals and a dressy pair, if necessary.
All the Rest
You can easily find essential toiletries in most places so don’t fret if you forget something – here is the last portion of your packing guide!
- Toiletries – Shampoo, conditioner, body wash and your skincare products.
- Medications – If you are prescribed any medications, do not forget these! Also, throw in some Ibuprofen or aspirin in case of headaches. If you have a first aid kit, that isn’t a bad idea either!
- Sunscreen – splurge on the brands you’ve heard of with high SPF – you don’t want to ruin your trip by getting burnt on the first day.
- Personal Items – This section includes cash, credit cards, license, Passport if you are going out of the country, health insurance cards and hotel information in case you cannot find it!
Whenever you are going this Spring Break, be safe, but most importantly enjoy every moment of your trip with those around you. It’s always fun to get a souvenir or dine local while you’re away too! We hope this Spring Break Packing Guide was helpful!
Did I miss anything, what else do we need to pack for Spring Break?