We are ready to embrace Pantone’s color of the year ultra violet with open arms. Read on to hear about this trending color and how you can incorporate it into fun makeup trends for 2018.
Pantone: Ultra Violet
First, let me tell you a little more about this magical color ultra violet and the meaning behind this shade. Pantone describes it as “a dramatically provocative and thoughtful purple shade, PANTONE 18-3838 Ultra Violet communicates originality, ingenuity, and visionary thinking that points us toward the future.” Makeup artistry takes on many of these vision seeking vibes that ultra violet exerts. As a result, this makes it such a fun color to play within makeup. Get excited to create your own ultra violet look this winter. Easily shop some of our Motives products in various purple hues here. Next, we will show you how one of our favorite beauty gurus Ely Marino empowers the ultra violet look with a stunning eye tutorial.
Get This Fun Ultra Violet Look
- First, begin by blending “Bare” shadow (Demure Palette) slightly above the crease followed by “Aura” in the crease (Demure Palette).
- On a flat brush take “Amber Concealer” and create a cut crease to clean up the look following your own natural eye shape.
- Using “Aphrodite” shadow pat over the entire lid staying underneath the cut crease created.
- Mix “Plum Fairy & Diamond” glitters and apply with “Motives glitter glue” with an eyeliner brush onto the crease of the eye! Then using “Little Black Dress Gel Liner” Apply your wing liner.
- Finally, line the lower water line using “Little Black Dress Gel Liner” and smudge out using “Onyx” shadow with “Bare & Aura” shadows! Lastly, Highlight the inner corner of the eye with “Gleam” (Demure Palette).
Ultra violet is certainly a color you will want to be looking out for this coming year. What fun ways do you plan on playing with ultra violet in 2018?