Aside from the turkey, everyone looks forward to ending the evening with pumpkin pie (and Black Friday deals following the lovely evening of course). The recipe for this perfect dessert is really simple! This pie is easy to prepare and even easier to enjoy. All you need to do is mix, pour, and bake for a delicious homemade tradition, and all while earning Cashback! Fun Fact: this traditional holiday pumpkin pie recipe has been on LIBBY’S® Pumpkin labels since 1950.
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar: Walmart 0.03 IBV
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon: UnbeatableSale $0.48 Cashback & 0.61 IBV
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger: Walmart 0.05 IBV
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves: Supermarket Italy $0.12 Cashback & 0.24 IBV
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY’S® 100% Pure Pumpkin: Walmart 0.02 IBV
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk: Kmart $0.03 Cashback & 0.06 IBV
- 1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell: Walmart 0.25 IBV
- Whipped cream (optional)
Preheat oven to 425° F. In a bowl, mix together the sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves. Beat eggs and stir them into pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture, then stir in evaporated milk. Pour the mixture into a pie shell.
Put pie into oven for 15 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350° F, and bake for 40 to 50 minutes. You will know the pie is ready by inserting a knife in the center of the pie and it comes out clean.
Cool for 2 hours and then refrigerate. You can top with whipped cream before serving.