We would like to congratulate Ken Fong who recently reached a new UnFranchise Level – Executive Coordinator!
1. How long have you been in the business?
I registered my Unfranchise business in July 2019
2. Why did you start this business?
“I wanted to “buy back” my time from my day job so I could have more time to pursue some side projects I am passionate about.”
3. Outside of being a Distributor, what is your occupation? If you are a full-time Distributor, when did you make the transition from the 9-5 to being a full-time entrepreneur?
I work as an Acoustics and Vibration Consultant and a Healthy Buildings Consultant.
4. Tell us about your family.
I am married with two beautiful kids – a 7+ year old son and a 2+ year old daughter.
5. What do you and your family like to do for fun/recreation?
We like to go for walks, find new food places to explore and spend time playing in the backyard.
6. Tell us about your lifestyle.
I enjoy spending time with my wife, kids and extended family (parents in law) who live with us. Weekends are spent with the family, with friends (while permissible) and actively involved in church.
7. What are some of your personal goals?
In the short term, I would like to be able to travel back to Malaysia so I can celebrate Chinese New Year with my family there. I would also like to be able to travel to every continent of the world by the age of 45 (yes, that includes Antarctica!).
8. What are some of your business goals?
With the Unfranchise business, I aim to generate enough income so I can completely replace my income in 3 years.
9. If you could give three key points to help share the business and what it’s done for you, what would they be?
To share the business it’s important to shift your mindset and TRULY believe that you can help anyone who chooses to register their own Unfranchise Business. Secondly, I always use the Evaluation method to invite, regardless of who I’m talking to – works like magic! Finally, practice, practice, practice. After enough practice, and awkward attempts, it will eventually become second nature. In no time, you’ll get quite good at it and it becomes part of the rhythm of your day.
10. Have you been a challenge winner? Or recognized at any local, regional, or national events?
11. What is your best moment, so far, with Market Australia and the business?
I think my best moment so far is still when I received my first AUD300 commission payout. It gave me the belief and evidence I needed that I could do this and generate tangible financial results.
12. How has the GMTSS helped build your business?
The GMTSS has been so pivotal for my business. Earlier on, I couldn’t understand why I was encouraged to purchase 3 x tickets to each event. Having done this for a while, I now realise that it is a foundational part of success in this business. Case in point, my business partners who attended MAIC 2020 have progressed significantly further than those who did not.
13. What’s your favorite Market Australia product and why?
I love the Isotonix Complete Greens. It tastes fantastic, my kids love it and it’s so versatile in its uses!
14. Is there anyone you would like to thank for contributing to your success?
I would like to thank my sponsor Kitty Cheng who has been so patient with me throughout this journey, as well as other senior business partners who have mentored me along the way and helped to guide me along, people like Anne Loke, Hong Ling Tan, Lily Chuah, Kevin & Angie Yip, etc. Also, HUGE shout out to my entire team – no success would be possible without them!