We would like to congratulate Shee Huei and Chelsea Eow who recently reached a new UnFranchise Level – Senior Master Coordinator!
1. How long have you been in the business?
Started in Jan 2017, so 3 years 10 months
2. Why did you start this business?
“As professionals, we know we are always trading time for money. We were looking for additional source of income and leaving a legacy for our second son who has special needs.Market Australia is a perfect choice because it has a proven business system where we can build part-time, with a low investment, low risk with huge upside potential. “
3. Outside of being a Distributor, what is your occupation? If you are a full-time Distributor, when did you make the transition from the 9-5 to being a full-time entrepreneur?
Huei is a Registered Architect and Chelsea is a Chartered Accountant.
We are working on this business part time.
4. Tell us about your family.
We were originally from Malaysia, did our tertiary education in Australia as international students. We left Malaysia in 1998 and moved to Canada. We have 3 kids – aged 20, 17 and 12. Return to Australia in 2010 and currently we reside in Melbourne for the last 10 years.
5. What do you and your family like to do for fun/recreation?
We love to travel, try different adventures, watch movies, play games (electronic and board games), try different foods, do some cycling, making food together and playing music and singing together.
Work life balance, being healthy, social and productive are some of our family values. We enjoy a meal together every night, attend church every Sunday, a special family time on a Saturday night, a day together as a family once a term during school holidays and once a year overseas vacation to see extended families.
Huei and I also believe in giving back to the society with our time and talents. We volunteer and served in School Councils, Local churches and Kids recreation sports programs, among others.
7. What are some of your personal goals?
To build the Market Australia business to give us flexible time and supplemental income whereby our day-job becomes “optional”.
With that, we believe we will a lot more opportunities to give back to the community with the time and resources we have.
8. What are some of your business goals?
To achieve Professional Coordinator pin level in the next 3 years. We will continue to build and will not stop until we reach the Director pin level.
We will constantly upgrade and improve ourselves so we can also help others to achieve their business goals and dreams.
9. If you could give three key points to help share the business and what it’s done for you, what would they be?
In this business we have experienced:
- better health – due to the excellent products we have
- good friendships – found and developed new friendships and relationships.
- personal growth – able to improve and develop better version of ourselves
Three key points to share with Unfranchise Owners in terms of building their business:
1. Must use the Getting Started Guide and use it with their team.
2. Must focus on building Base 10, 7 Strong – the first foundation of the Unfranchise business plan.
3. Work as a team; never alone – you work the business for yourself but not by yourself.
10. Have you been a challenge winner? Or recognised at any local, regional, or national events?
Yes, multiple times:
1. Melbourne Local Challenge
11. What is your best moment, so far, with Market Australia and the business?
To see our business partners achieve success, especially when our team member, Michael Lee won the Market Australia Top Organisation Builder Award.
12. How has the GMTSS helped build your business?
GMTSS is the backbone of our business because it provides leverage. We can leverage GMTSS events to provide training, motivation, inspirations, success stories, knowledge and team building for our team. We aspire to get more and more of our team to GMTSS events, especially the Conventions.
13. What’s your favorite Market Australia product and why?
Our family loves the Ultimate Aloe Juice. It tastes great and is packed with nutrients which is a healthier choice than store-bought juices or soft drinks!
We also love the Isotonix Daily Essentials (OPC3, Multi-Vitamin, Advanced B-Complex and Calcium Plus) which our family takes daily. This has kept us all healthy all year round and even helped Huei solved his hayfever issues which he suffered for over 20 years. No more antihistamine is a happy Huei!
We want to thank ALL our team members; without them it would not have been possible for us achieve our success. Teamwork makes dream work!
Most of all we want to thank all our Senior Partners who had taught and guided us a lot. Special thanks to Michelle Lieu for her close guidance and mentorship; Debbie Chan for sponsoring us and walking with us through thick and thin and Sharon Ho for encouraging us to attend conventions and organising events for our team to plug in.