We would like to congratulate Shirley Ho who recently reached a new UnFranchise Level – Executive Coordinator!
1. How long have you been in the business?
I registered my UnFranchise Business in March 2020.
2. Why did you start this business?
Edwin and I are always looking for business opportunities. When we were introduced to Market Australia by our sponsor Huei Eow, we thought it was a brilliant idea! Considering the reasonable start-up costs and all we have to do is simply convert our spending into earning, we believe we landed ourselves a business with huge potential. What excited us the most was that we could start running this business on a part-time basis.
4. Tell us about your family.
We migrated to Australia from Singapore 12 years ago. We have two beautiful teenage boys, 19 and 14, who are still happy to tag along with us wherever we travel.
5. What do you and your family like to do for fun/recreation?
Our family’s biggest passion is to travel and savour different types of food in different countries! We enjoy Aussie road trips equally as much as touring around Asia, visiting our family and friends.
6. Tell us about your lifestyle.
Our lifestyle revolves around food and travels with family and friends.
7. What are some of your personal goals?
I hope to set aside more time to read and to polish up on my listening and networking skills.
8. What are some of your business goals?
To achieve Senior Master Coordinator and help two partners to achieve Executive Coordinator by December 2021.
9. If you could give three key points to help share the business and what it’s done for you, what would they be?
We are new to the business and still have a long journey ahead of us to achieve significant material success. However, we really appreciate the friendship and camaraderie spirit of our team, which makes the journey more enjoyable! What we have learned the most over these months include:
a. We don’t work on this business alone, it’s a team effort. Our MPCP is so powerful compared to many compensation plans we have seen.
b. Keep it simple. Follow the proven system, there’s no need to re-invent the wheel. In fact, the earlier we drop our “employee mindset,” the faster we will succeed in this business.
c. Learn and re-learn; attend as many GMTSS as you can to increase product knowledge, communication skills and to strengthen belief.
10. Have you been a challenge winner? Or recognised at any local, regional, or national events?
I have achieved Master UnFranchise Owner.
11. What is your best moment, so far, with Market Australia and the business?
The best moment so far was reaching the Executive Coordinator UnFranchise Level
in just nine months.
12. How has the GMTSS helped build your business?
Learning from various leaders in the business is very inspiring. Many of them give us different perspectives in terms of challenges, opportunities and solutions. To us, this is the best business school for entrepreneurs.
14. Is there anyone you would like to thank for contributing to your success?
I would like to thank all my inspiring leaders, including Liyen Ho, Michelle Lieu and Debbie Chan. Also, a special thanks goes out to our sponsors, Chelsea and Huei, for patiently hand-holding us in our journey.