Thanksgiving is less than two weeks away! Our stomachs are growling just thinking about all of the amazing dishes, desserts and the ever-so-juicy turkey. There is always plenty to go around the table on Thanksgiving, but getting those recipes just right can take a good amount of time, effort and money. Whip up your grandma’s secret recipe this year with SHOP.COM Groceries and get paid to shop for the must-have ingredients. Eliminate the hassle of the dreaded trip(s) to the grocery store around this time of year and have your dinner fixin’s delivered right to your doorstep! Read on to see what we are whipping up this Thanksgiving:
A simple addition to a Thanksgiving meal, but some may consider it the most important fixin’ to the main course!
Total Time: 5 minutes
1 pkg Brown Gravy Turkey Mix
1 cup cold water
1. STIR water gradually into Gravy Mix with whisk in small saucepan.
2. STIRRING frequently, cook on medium heat until gravy comes to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 1 minute. (Gravy will thicken upon standing.) Serve over beef, hot meal sandwiches, or mashed potatoes.
Crunchy Turkey Stuffing
If you are like us, your Thanksgiving feast isn’t complete without some good turkey stuffing! This year, try one of our favorite recipes.
Total Time: 30 minutes
½ cup butter or margarine
1 ½ cups coarsely chopped celery
1 ½ cups coarsely chopped carrots
1 (14 oz.) pkg. stuffing
2 cups French Fried Onions
1 (14 ½ ounce) can chicken broth
1 cup Water
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 3-quart baking dish; set aside. Melt butter in large pot; stir in vegetables and sauté for 5 minutes.
2. Add stuffing, broth and water and stir until moistened. Gently stir in French Fried Onions. Spoon stuffing into 3-quart baking dish.
3. Cover and bake for 10 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with remaining 1 cup Onions. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes or until Onions are golden.
Whipping up Grandma’s famous broccoli casserole recipe this year? Find your must-have ingredients on SHOP.COM Groceries or try our recipe below!
Total Time: 45 minutes
1 (16oz) package of packaged frozen broccoli (thawed).
1/4 tsp sea salt
2tbsp all-purpose flour
2 cups of milk
1 (8oz) package cream cheese
1 cup crushed buttery round crackers
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place broccoli in a steamer over 1 inch of boiling water and cover. Cook until tender but still firm, about 4 to 6 minutes; drain.
3. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in salt, flour, and milk. Cook stirring constantly until thick and bubbly. Stir in cream cheese until melted. Remove from heat, and stir in broccoli.
4. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of crushed crackers over the bottom of a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish. Slowly pour the broccoli mixture into the dish, and top with remaining crushed crackers.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
No feast is complete without dessert and on Thanksgiving, we only want one thing…Pumpkin Pie!
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
1 9inch single pie crust
1 egg yolk
½ cup white sugar
½ cup brown sugar
½ tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground nutmeg
½ tsp ground ginger
¼ tsp ground cloves
1 ½ cups milk
½ cup heavy whipping cream
2 cups pumpkin puree
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine eggs, egg yolk, white sugar and brown sugar. Add salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves. Gradually stir in milk and cream. Stir in pumpkin. Pour filling into pie shell.
3. Bake for ten minutes in preheated oven. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F and bake for an additional 40 to 45 minutes or until filling is set.
Enjoy flat rate $5.99 shipping on all of your meal essentials this Thanksgiving when you purchase through SHOP.COM Groceries. Make this year healthier and choose from hundreds of gluten free and organic products!
What is on your menu for the Thanksgiving dinner table? Share with us your favorite recipes and the ingredients that you found on SHOP.COM Groceries for your holiday in the comments below!