Camera phones sure have come a long way over the years. Many of us now do not even own a regular camera but rely on the camera that is on our phone. Today we are sharing 5 tips for how to take great professional looking photos on your phone.
5 tips for how to take great professional looking photos on your phone
- Use the rule of thirds to balance your photo. You need to imagine your shot as split up into nine rectangular segments, and keep important objects and elements running along these lines or close to the intersections where they meet. Many phones come with this setting, so a 3rd party app is not needed. On Android, tap the menu button and choose Settings then Show grid in the viewfinder; on iOS, go to Photos & Camera in the main Settings app and toggle the Grid switch to on.
- Properly focus your images. On both Android and iOS phones you can tap the screen to change the focus area on your photo.
- Make use of good lighting. Getting your subjects well lit is crucial to a great photo, so pay attention to available light sources.
- Avoid zooming in. When you take a photo from a distance, it’s tempting to zoom in on something specific you’re trying to capture. But it’s actually better not to zoom in, doing so can make the photo appear grainy, blurry, or pixelated. If you can not get closer to your subject it is actually best to take the photo at a distance and then crop it later on. That way, you won’t compromise quality, and it’s easier to play around or optimize a larger image.
- Edit your photos. So much can be done to optimize a photo with just a little editing. Some of the social media team’s favorite photo editing apps are Vsco and Lightroom.