It’s spaghetti day! So in honor of our favorite childhood dish, we are sharing our favorite low calorie recipe made with ingredients that not only will bring you IBV and Cashback, but put smiles on your whole family at dinner. Bonus: This whole meal is only 557 calories.
- 12 ounces spaghetti: KMart $0.03 Cashback & 0.07 IBV
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon white sugar: Walmart 0.12 IBV
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano: SHOP.COM Groceries $0.28 Cashback & 2.10 IBV
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder: SHOP.COM Groceries up to $0.19 Cashback & up to 1.42 IBV
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion: UnbeatableSale $0.36 Cashback & 0.46 IBV
- 2 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 1/3 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste: Supermarket Italy $0.08 Cashback & 0.15 IBV
Place skillet over medium heat, and drizzle with olive oil. Brown beef and drain off fat.
Move beef to large pot and combine salt, sugar, oregano, pepper, garlic powder, onion flakes, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and mushrooms.
Simmer for about 2 hours on low heat, stirring occasionally.
Cook pasta according to package directions, usually 7 minutes gives you a nice al dente. Drain the pasta and serve sauce over spaghetti.
Have a family recipe you cook your family? Share yours with us this Spaghetti day!