Working from home for the foreseeable future? Us too. If you are not someone with a home office, you may be struggling to get comfortable or stay comfortable. We have you covered with tips and budget friendly tricks!
- Have a dedicated work space: whether you actually have an office or just a nook in your kitchen, make it yours and make it where you go every morning.
- Place a pillow in your chair. You do not have to purchase an office chair if you don’t plan on working from home regularly, but make your kitchen table chair more alluring with a pillow!
- Prop your feet up – if you cannot elevate your feet full time, stretch and get your circulation going. If you want to move to the couch for a bit, a good lap desk is a must!
- Dress for success. True, there is no need for suits, ties and dresses, but find a happy medium between work wear and pajamas. It’s part of having a business mindset and maintain a daily ritual.
- Take a break! While it is just as important to have a schedule and stick to your working hours, take some time every hour for a few minutes to stretch or walk around
- Invest in a planner to ensure you meet your daily goals
- Last but not least, take time to talk to your co-workers. Whether it is via FaceTime or a chat feature, be sure that everyone is on the same page!
For those who work from home long-term, what are your secrets to stay comfortable and productive?