Summer is in full swing, but there is still time to grab your poolside essentials! Spend your days by the pool – or lake or beach – with everything you need to stay safe and have a great time! Keep reading to see our poolside must-have list!
Going to the pool is where it’s at this summer. It’s still a very “normal” summer activity for us to do, yet allows us to social distance. So, my friends, let’s continue to hit up the pool all summer long! Before you go back, check out our poolside must-have list to make sure you don’t forget anything!
Poolside Must-Have List
- Sunscreen: Yes – never forget this!! We all know how important it is, just be sure to reapply regularly. We suggest our everyday 30 SPF, Shopping Annuity® Premium Brand Sunscreen or our Cellular Laboratories De-Aging 50+ SPF for those looking for more protection.
- Towels: We say towels (plural) because you may need a backup, especially if you have kids! If you don’t want to lug extras into the pool, just leave a couple in the car.
- Pool Tote: Not only good for carrying, (of course!) but keeping your poolside items in your bag all season long will make each trip that much easier.
- Hat: Whether you are into baseball caps, floppy hats or visors, hats are a great way to provide extra shade on your face.
- Sunglasses: The sun is hot this time of year and hard to go outside without them! Plus, we don’t want to add wrinkles by squinting.
- Cooler: Not only is it super important to stay hydrated, (especially in the sun) but the kiddos will be thirsty and hungry after playing in the pool. It takes a lot of out of them!
- Snacks: Refer to number 6. After a few hours, you are likely to get a little hungry too. Snacks on-the-go are a must for outdoor days!
- Wipes: Baby wipes are good for way more than wiping little bottoms. From runny noses and messy fingers to toilet paper running out – these can be life savers! We love flushable wipes, so convenient!
- Entertainment: For your kids, pool toys will keep them busy for hours. For you, a good read or music so you can relax and enjoy the day.
- Aloe Gel: Last but not least, pack your Aloe vera gel. Despite your best efforts to keep everyone from getting sunburn, it does happen. It’s always better to be safe than sorry!
We suggest having backup supplies of sunscreen, wipes and aloe gel. As the saying goes, it’s better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. With this list of poolside must-have items, you will be prepared for everything. If you are staying out all day, be sure to spend some time under an umbrella, it’s hard to withstand all-day sun, even with sunscreen.
What are we missing? What are your poolside must-have items? Tell us in the comments below!