Looking to ramp up your UnFranchise Business to finish 2019 strongly? Guest Author, Executive Vice President, Dennis Franks, shares his tips for success to end the year on a high note and lay the foundation for a strong 2020.
The fourth quarter of 2019 began Oct. 1 and will end Dec. 31. Each calendar year has four calendar quarters and represents a total of 365 days. That’s similar to an American football game that is played through four quarters for a total of 60 minutes. The year is not over until the 365th day on Dec. 31 at 11:59 p.m. and 59 seconds. In football, you must complete 60 full minutes for the game to end. The question is, what are we going to do with the fourth quarter of 2019?
In football, many teams have won and lost a game in the fourth quarter. It all depends upon finishing strong, running through the tape with a good performance, executing the plays and the plan, and everyone doing their job; as a team, you accomplish a strong finish, and hopefully a win. What you don’t want in the UnFranchise® Business is finishing the year and knowing you could have done better. This is a feeling that hurts, usually until you can correct the situation with a better performance. You can also waste time providing the excuses why you did not put 100% of the effort you committed to, but this gets you nowhere, so let’s get our Fourth Quarter Game Plan set for a strong finish to 2019.
Everything begins with your mindset. You have heard it before, and it is as true as the sun setting in the west: What the mind can conceive, you can achieve. Mindset is everything, but your mindset must be with a reality that you can believe and accomplish. Selling through 1,000 BV in Market America products and services is real. Purchasing your holiday shopping gifts and decorations through your own SHOP.COM business is real. Showing the UnFranchise Business Plan 10 times is real…are you getting my drift?
So let’s begin and set the game plan for the next 10 weeks.
The Fourth Quarter Game Plan calls for you to:
- Sell and personally use 1,500 BV worth of excusive Market America products.
- Personally purchase $1,000.00 of products and services from your personal SHOP.COM site.
- Personally sponsor one new UnFranchise Owner who commits to attend the Market America | SHOP.COM 2020 World Conference.
- Book your flights and accommodations to Miami for Feb. 6–8 #MAWC2020.
- Qualify or requalify for Master UnFranchise Owner (UFO) status.
- Do two in-home product previews. This can be a Motives® Mingle Party, a TLS® Overview, a Wellness 101, Debt Shredder overview or Skincare Party.
- Host one Home Business Presentation (HBP) with a minimum of two personal possibilities in attendance.
- Attend one GMTSS event with a Guest.
- Attend two UnFranchise Business Presentations (UBPs) with a guest to each; if there are no UBPs scheduled for your area, you can conduct two HBPs with at least one guest at each; and earn $300.00 in BV commissions and do the Basic 5 diagnostic.
- Qualify or requalify for Master UFO status.
The Weekly Action Plan
Now that you’ve decided to finish the year strong, you have to determine how much focused time each week you can give to this effort. You have to name the number of hours and when you will work them. These hours will be the focused hours, not the leveraged hours. Focused hours mean 100% effort to achieving the set Fourth Quarter Game Plan; leveraged hours are doing your normal routine and whatever you can accomplish during that time for the Fourth Quarter Game Plan you do.
In this game plan you must commit 10 hours a week. That is 10 hours out of 168 hours in a week, or less than 10% of the entire week’s time. Is this too much to ask to implement your game plan and take a step closer to meeting your financial goals?
Weekly Action Plan to meet the Fourth Quarter Game Plan
- Focused time: Read your Goal Statement.
Leveraged time: Feed your mind by listening to one audio, or watching a Market America video on YouTube.
- Focused time: Contact five people and tell them about an exclusive Market America product or ask them who they know who might need a product; do two three-day trial-sized marketing efforts and follow through.
Leveraged time: Add 10 possibilities to your names list.
- Focused time: Sell a minimum of 50 new BV in Market America products to a new customer or a new product to an existing customer; repeat/reorders from existing customers do not count.
Leveraged time: Identify one new business tool to grow your UnFranchise Business from UFMS support materials.
- Focused time: Show one UnFranchise Business Plan with an evaluation approach and book a follow-up (start this process by booking the Plan through your existing customers, then to your top 10 list; conclude with doing a three-day trial-size marketing).
Leveraged time: Read UFMS announcements.
- Focused time: Do two follow-up meetings/calls with existing possibilities that are in your funnel. These can be possibilities/prospects who have said “No” in the past.
The Fourth Quarter Action Plan will set you up for a great finish to the 2019 year. Better yet, it will move you into the new year with momentum. Remember it all begins with Mindset. Do the work, enjoy the benefits, stay focused and stay the course!