Guest Blogger: Dennis Franks, Executive Vice President
Leading by example is not a tough concept to understand. In fact, most people know exactly what it means. Why is it that more people do not do what successful people do? This is a $64,000 question. Successful Entrepreneurs, Authors, World Renown Speakers, Teachers, and Professional Trainers all understand the concept and many of them have even proven out the concept with their accomplishments and personal business success. Our dilemma is, how do we make you the Leader, that leads from the front, as The Unfranchise Owner example verse the Unfranchise Manager or the “Fixed Mindset”, “Know Everything” Unfranchise Owner who can speak it but will not be it. Please don’t take offense. I personally have fought with this conversation in my head daily in hopes that I become so irritated that every day is a “Lead from the Front” day. The good news is that over the years, things worked out where I had more days leading by example verse managing from the rear. So, what lessons have I learned that I can share that may be the difference maker as you move forward. Let’s begin…
1) Start every day at the end of the day before. At the end of the day ask yourself,What have I accomplished? Review the outcomes and think, how could I have done better. Identify the obstacles, eliminate the excuses and take responsibility for the outcome of the day. What have I learned from the experiences of the day?
2) Set your priorities for tomorrow and remember to “Eat the Frog First”, start with the tasks that will impact your day most. Remember that your attitude will impact your actions.
3) Believe that you are making adifference. It can be big or small, but you arecontributing to your purpose, your why and to accomplishing your set goals.
4) Luck is when preparation meets opportunity and execution!So many people forget that it takes 10,000 hours to become a master of anything you set out to master. Experiential learning is a critical part of the process. That means repetitions, failing forward, capturing the small wins and learning from each experience. You will make adjustments along the way after each day, each time improving.
5) Remain positive but be cautious of too much optimism. Optimism can cause you to overlook potential challenges, or underestimate the amount of effort needed to complete a task. Optimism feels good however, be aware optimism can lead you to believe you know more than you know, or even believe you can control things outside of your control. Being positive can help you start each day and take the necessary steps to win and ultimately become the Champion you set out to be.
The Power of Leading by Example can only be accomplished by making the decision to lead. To do the results-producing activities each day; being a product of the product and retailing your products, creating 10-15 repeat customers generating a minimum of 500 Business volume each month. Show the plan and build distribution; Buying and selling GMTSS tickets and attending events, (become a Master UFO and requalify quarterly) and Build out your shopping annuity. You will know that you have met the challenge of Leading by Example because other Unfranchise Owners will follow until they ultimate begin Leading by Example.