Need ideas on where to go for Spring break? Whether you are going with friends or family, we have great suggestions for you!
I hate to break it to you college students, but Spring Break is not just for you – families like to enjoy these Spring vacations with their kids as well. So, we have compiled the top five destinations every type of Spring breaker.
Cancun, Mexico is an obvious go-to for college students – this destination is probably the biggest gathering of young people from all over the world. Besides the nightlife that Cancun has to offer, Mexico is a go-to spot for beaches and affordable vacation destinations.
If you aren’t into the nightlife as much, here are a few other options to consider:
- Catamaran Ride: Enjoy the sea, sip on your favorite beverages, snorkel and swim alongside of creatures of the ocean
- Party Hopping: If you are only staying for a few days and want to enjoy yourself, visiting the bars and clubs could be a good way to start off your vacation
For those who are looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of the Spring Break party crowd, the Caribbean is the way to go for families.
- Visit the outdoors! There are parks, bodies of waters, waterfalls, botanical gardens, tubing and more. If this isn’t a family activity, I don’t know what is
- If you are bringing children along, there are plenty of water sports to partake in
Asheville, North Carolina
Besides the Blue Ridge Mountains as a backdrop, this lovely city offers a variety of options for visitors. Heading to Asheville may not be for families with young children, but for those who love the outdoors, you have to check it out!
- The Biltmore Estate: this mansion dates back to the late 1800s and has 250 rooms. You can shop, dine, and definitely check out the winery
- Ghost Tours: The Asheville mountains are the oldest in the city and are said to be haunted. Be sure to go on a ghost tour and learn about the history of the city
Pocono Mountains, PA
For those vacationers who prefer colder weather, we suggest traveling to the Poconos in Pennsylvania. The best part about the Poconos is that there is something to do for everyone.
- If you are into snow sports, there are some great resorts where you will find skiing, snowboarding and snow tubing
- For romantic getaways there are museums, theaters, restaurants and quaint bed and breakfast’s
Key West, Florida
What we love about about Key West is that there is a great mix of travelers, from artists to families to partiers to fishermen.
- The ocean in the Key West warms up in March and the beaches are not overcrowded at this time – yes please! This makes it perfect for anyone.
- Of course, there is a party every night of the year, especially during Spring Break, so you will be sure to have a good time
The best part of Spring Break (for everyone) is the freedom. No matter where you go, you get to forget all your worries.
What has been your go-to spot for Spring Break?