Market America is more than a business. It’s a family and when a family member needs our help, we step up to the plate.
I’m sure you have all followed the hurricane coverage over the past few months and have seen the horrible devastation that it has left cities and countries in the Gulf Coast and the Caribbean. One country in particular that was ravaged by the storm was Puerto Rico. Puerto Rico is struggling to get by as food and water are scarce. Families have been uprooted from their homes, injuring thousands and taking the lives of many innocent victims. The destruction is heart-wrenching to see.
One of our very own UnFranchise Owners has taken it upon himself to help in the relief efforts. That UFO is Fat Joe. After the destruction caused by Hurricanes Irma and Maria, Fat Joe knew Puerto Rico needed help right away. As a man of Puerto Rican and Cuban descent, the crisis really hit home for him.
As many of you know, the island of Puerto Rico remains largely devastated in the wake of Hurricane Maria. With nearly 60% of the island still without power, life has been a struggle in the aftermath of this monumental storm. It’s been six weeks since this massive hurricane swept through and changed everyone’s life in Puerto Rico, but even with the passing of time there is still so much to be done and many people who need our help.
Resources are limited, lines are long, and assistance is greatly needed. I’ve included below some heartbreaking photos we received from Puerto Rico, and I share them with you now in the hopes these visual reminders will help illustrate just how much help is still needed for the people of Puerto Rico…
In an interview with CNN, Fat Joe discussed hurricane relief and mentioned our very own JR Ridinger as a mentor and how people power can change the world.
This tragedy may seem far away for many people but it really hit close to home for Fat Joe and the entire Market America management team. We absolutely love this vibrant island and its amazing people – and want to do our part to help spread the word about their need for help! The Puerto Rico Recovery Effort: The web address is the Puerto Rico Recovery Effort.
To donate, go to: Puerto Rico’s Hurricane Relief Effort
Puerto Rico Relief Media Coverage:
- International Business Times, NY, NY – http://markets.financialcontent.com/ibtimes/news/read/35243931
- The Miami Herald, Miami, Fla (8,942,385 audience) – http://markets.financialcontent.com/mi.miamiherald/news/read/35243931/Fat_Joe
- Star Tribune, Minneapolis, MN (10,822,200 audience) – http://markets.financialcontent.com/startribune/news/read/35243931/Fat_Joe
- Kansas City Star, Kansas, MO (4,772,527 audience) http://markets.financialcontent.com/mi.kansascity/news/read/35243931/Fat_Joe
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Pittsburgh, PA – http://markets.post-gazette.com/postgazette/news/read/35243931
- The Sacramento Bee, Sacramento, CA (4,776,513 audience) – http://markets.financialcontent.com/mi.sacbee/news/read/35243931/Fat_Joe
- Milwaukee Wisconsin Journal Sentinel, Milwaukee, WI – http://finance.jsonline.com/jsonline/news/read/35243931/Fat_Joe
- Star Telegram, Fort Worth, TX ( 3,850,527 audience) – http://markets.financialcontent.com/mi.startelegram/news/read/35243931/Fat_Joe
- NewOK, Oklahoma City, OK (3,838,017 audience) – http://stocks.newsok.com/newsok/news/read/35243931/Fat_Joe
- El Nuevo Herald, Dorado, FL (3,504,366 audience) – http://markets.financialcontent.com/mi.elnuevo/news/read/35243931/Fat_Joe
- KCTV – Long Island, NY (2,480,199 audience) – http://www.kctv5.com/story/36782795/fat-joe-grammy-nominated-musician-entrepreneur-philanthropist-leads-hurricane-relief-effort-for-puerto-rico