It’s Cinco de Mayo! We love celebrating the fifth of May with nothing but the tastiest treats, snacks and drinks. With SHOP.COM Groceries, we can have our must have ingredients delivered right to our doorstep – this makes party throwing so much easier! Read on to see what we’re whipping up this Cinco de Mayo!
The ethnic variety available on SHOP.COM Groceries is unbeatable. We can wait to dig into some of our favorite Cinco de Mayo dishes and celebrate the tasty way today:
- 2 medium Hass avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped jalapeño
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped white onion
- Kosher salt
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped cilantro
- Scoop out avocado flesh into a bowl, add garlic and jalapeño, and mash (with a pestle or a wooden spoon) until the avocados are creamy but still very chunky. Stir in tomato, onion, and salt to taste. Sprinkle with lime juice and cilantro, then stir and taste once more. Add more garlic, jalapeño, onion, salt, lime juice, or cilantro as desired. Serve with tortilla chips.
Blackened Tilapia Baja Tacos
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced white onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1/2 ripe peeled avocado, thinly sliced
- 4 lime wedges
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth. Combine jalapeño sauce and onion in a small bowl.
- Combine paprika and next 6 ingredients (through ground red pepper); sprinkle evenly over fish. Heat oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions. Divide fish, onion mixture, and avocado evenly among tortillas. Serve with lime wedges.
Must Have Margaritias
- Fresh lime wedge (optional)
- Margarita salt (optional)
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Garnish: lime slice
- Rub rim of a chilled margarita glass with lime wedge, and dip rim in salt to coat, if desired.
- Fill cocktail shaker half full with ice. Add lime juice, liqueur, tequila, and powdered sugar; cover with lid, and shake until thoroughly chilled. Strain into prepared glass. Garnish, if desired, and serve immediately.
Enjoy flat rate $5.99 shipping on all of your favorite Cinco de Mayo dishes when you purchase through SHOP.COM Groceries. Make healthy and nutritious choices from hundreds of gluten free, organic and Latin products this spring and summer!
What is your secret Cinco de Mayo recipe? Comment below and share with us!